Monday, September 22, 2008

About Me

Hello World!

My name is Kevin Stiffler and currently I am participating in a graduate level online collaborative study of e-teaching and learning. Before we embark on our adventure down that road, allow me to briefly introduce myself! I hope you are ready, because here we go...

I was born and raised in the Upper state region of New York. From a young age I was taught the value of family and friends, honesty, integrity, determination, acceptance, and independence.
I have traveled far and near, and gained much knowledge and increased tolerance in doing so. For example, I have gotten lost roaming the narrow streets of Venice, climbed the stairs to the top of the Eiffel Tower, drank sangria with locals in Barcelona, explored Roman Ruins in Rome, and discovered the beauty that is my own backyard so-to-say, all while living out of a backpack and gaining friendships, experiences, and knowledge from around the world. Currently I am nomadic, continuously following my passion for travel and learning.

I have completed a Bachelors in Technology Education from the College of St.Rose with a background in Mechanical Engineering/Engineering Sciences from Hudson Valley Community College. I have taught pre-engineering courses in a prestigious Upstate NY high school. I have also instructed and counseled for three (3) years at Woodward Sports Camp, an extreme sports camp for youth. It it through my passion for extreme sports in my experiences at Woodward that i found my love of education.

With a Masters degree from the University of Illinois I plan to continue to offer educational services to the world, only on a much larger scale. Currently I am limited to face-to-face interaction and minimal "distance" contact. I hope to expand my abilities, reach out to more persons, with greater distances, all while continuously traveling and learning myself.

No comments: